Tuesday, December 7, 2010

FCSS Week 1: TEAser Tuesdays (16): City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

" "You think she'll be able to talk sense into him?" she asked. "His sister?"

"If he listens to anyone, it would be her."

"That's sweet," said Maia. "That he loves his sister like that." 

":Yeah," Simon said. "It's precious."

--Pg. 51 of "City of Ashes" by Cassandra Clare

So what's your teaser?

If you did a teaser for the sequel you are reading, please link up here too!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I like the tone of this teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays-queen-hereafter.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Simon! I laughed so much reading Mortal Instruments books (sometimes laughed out loud!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to you review! This is another sequel I need to read. I liked the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this one. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I have been looking into this series and I think I need to put it higher up on my list to read! My teaser is Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my teaser from Witchgrass: A Pipe Dream by Dave Wilkinson (Page 1):

    Most gardeners hate witchgrass. Of all weeds it is one of the most persistent and adaptable. Any small piece of rhizome left in the soil can become an aggressive plant ready to take over the plot. Witchgrass is hard to pull. Roots are deep, and break off easily. Any part left in the ground will grow again. Farmers say the species isn't even good as hay, not as good as timothy or alfalfa. Some call it quickgrass.

    Early New England colonists blamed evil people for this garden invader. In the seventeenth century villagers would speak this way:

    "The surly woman living alone on her dead husband's estate. She goes into the woods and consorts with the Devil. Signs his book. Fornicates with him. Eats mushrooms. She and the Devil send witchgrass to harass the virtuous and the Godly. Let us hang this witch and seize her rich farm."

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen