Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TEAser Tuesdays (26):The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

"Total carnage. I could only assume that the evil demon zebra had reassembled itself and destroyed the other animals after I had left. I should have elimintated the zebra when I had my chance. I should have eaten it, even if it had killed me."

--pg. 57 of "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein

This book was plopped before me with a "you read this" and read it I shall. This is a totally different thing than my normal cup of tea but I'm immensely enjoying it. Told from the incredibly witty and hilarious perspective of a dog, I'm finding this book hard to put down. 

So what are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Here is my teaser from a Georgette Heyer novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes those evil demon Zebras will do it every time! lol. Thanks for sharing.

    here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both read this book and liked it very much. Here's a link to our review of it: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/07/art-of-racing-in-rain-by-garth-stein.html

    Your header is very cute--I love it!

    I am out of my comfort zone this week reading "The Wee Free Men."

    Here's our teaser link: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/02/tuesday-teaser-train-from-marietta-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You commented on my teaser for "The Wee Free Men" so wanted to let you know my review is up now. My favorite part was when the Nac Mac Feegle stole the sheep and the lawyer humor near the end! Here's the link to my review:
    http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/02/wee-free-men-by-terry-pratchett-is-very.html

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen