Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Tunes (8)



Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. Be sure to include the novel you are reading, the summary, the song you think fits it and an explanation of why you chose that particular song. So snag yourself a button, write a post and link up at the bottom of the page!



From Goodreads:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.
The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

The Tune: Echo by Incubus





The Lyrics:
There’s something about
The look in your eyes
Something I noticed when
The light was just right
It reminded me twice
That I was alive
And it reminded me that
You’re so worth the fight
My biggest fear will be
The rescue of me
Strange how it turns out
That way, yeah
Could you show me dear?
Something I’m not seeing
Something infinitely interesting
Could you show me dear?
Something I’m not seeing
Something infinitely interesting

Theres something about
The way you move
I see your mouth in slow motion
When you sing
More subtle than something
Someone contrives
Your movements echo that
I have seen the real thing

Your biggest fear will be
The rescue of you
Strange how it turns out
That way, yeah
Could you show me dear?
Something I’m not seeing
Something infinitely interesting
Could you show me dear?
Something I’m not seeing
Something infinitely interesting 



Why This Tune?:


This song is sacred to me. It has been sacred for a very long time. It touches on things I can;t even been to describe and as a writer, words are my greatest gift. So to relate this song to this book is truly saying something about it. But this is Cassia and Ky's relationship. Cassia's world becomes different when the boy with the sad eyes enters her life. Her life went from gray to Technicolor and she learned to question, to yearn, and to love. This song absolutely fits her revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen