Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (74) & Top Ten Tuesday (19)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that pageBe careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison
For a moment there's just the sound of my huffing and sniffing. Flynt is silent. He's waiting. "And--it's my fault. It's my fault. I could have done something to help, but I didn't. I did nothing."
--Pg. 216 of an ARC of "The Butterfly Clues" by Kate Ellison

I'm just about finished with this book and must say, there are some things I really like about it. I'm pretty sure I've got things figured out but we'll see. So far, I've been correct on all my guesses!

What's your teaser?



Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Covers of 2012
I've decided to focus on books that aren't out yet for my favorite covers. Here are some I am dying to get my hands on:
1) Ironskin by Tina Connolly- I'm still stuck in the girl in a pretty dress phase. I'm not sure I'll ever grow out of it. Plus I love the silver swirls and the gorgeous mask!
2) Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson- I just really love how plain this cover is. The model's pose is so striking and the figure coming out of the mist peaks my interest.
3) The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer- And we are back to the pretty dress thing. The contrast of yellow and purple here is interesting and I'm obsessed with those candles weaving a pattern.
4) Defiance by C.J. Redwine- Defiant indeed. The pose and the way the shirt or cape (not sure which) floes out is just gorgeous. Plus, I love the hidden cityscape just below her. It took me several times to even see it was there.
5) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- This to me just screams adorable story. The sunny yellow dress with the matching font color and the big fence to cover those two kissing is just so sweet!
6) Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin- This just screams twisted to me. I think it's the distorted silhouette coupled with the umbrella. Whatever it is, it is working!
7) The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long- They might be treacherous but I could look at this beautiful cover all day long. I love the wooded background and how the flowers are growing on her dress. In love!
8) The Selection by Kiera Cass- In a bookshelf full of beautiful dresses, this is perhaps my favorite. I'm not sure if it is the color or style but I love that this dress can stand all on it's own and make this cover amazing. It's absolutely breath-taking!
9) Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard- This dress and pose just says dark and powerful to me. I love the gothic feel with the past-the-elbow length lace gloves and I find it interesting that the model is staring straight on.
10) Through To You by Emily Hainsworth- This cover just gives the appearance that the model is melting into the landscape. It's creepy and beautiful at the same time. I can't stop staring!

Those are some of the gorgeous covers I'm waiting for. What made your list?

12 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love of all of those covers. I did my post yesterday and I must have miss read because I didn't see the 2012 part. I just chose my favorite covers overall. :)

    Erika (from Let's talk about books

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wishlist hates you right now, you know? Those covers are just sooooooooo beautiful and I now want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Couldn't help but notice that a lot of the covers in your top ten tuesday has a girl wearing a dress.

    Check out my teaser: http://youraveragebookworms.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesdays-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Thanks for sharing, here is mine:http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-wings-of-wicked.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Butterfly Clues looks cool. I hope your enjoying it. Here's my TT!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great YA 2012 covers! I'm looking forward to several of these :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose some rockin ones! I can't decide which I like better: IRONSKIN or MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH. But love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen Butterfly Clues around a lot. This is my first peek. I like being able to figure out the clues almost as much as I like NOT being able to. Look forward to your review.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Selection also made my Top Ten! And that cover for Ironskin is gorgeous! Great picks!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice teaser! I'm already looking forward to reading this! Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection! I like The Selection and Masque of the Red Death looks so awesome. Through to You looks gorgeous as well. Looks like you have a thing for covers with girls in dresses :)

    My Top 10 Covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got butterflies in my stomach just reading the summary for My Life Next Door. Sounds so good. Thanks so much for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen