Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (26)

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, they post a subject and the goal is to answer the question with your top ten picks. Once you've done it, link back to The Broke and the Bookish and check out what other bloggers have to say!
Top Ten Character Who Remind Me of Myself
I'm going to cheat a bit since I'm not very good at picking out me or people I know in books. Instead, this is my list of top ten character traits that I'd like to have.

1) Hermione Granger's (Harry Potter) cleverness- Hermione was really the heart, brains and soul behind the Harry Potter crew. It is always her ability to think that gets them out of situations. Whether she is the library, burying her nose into a new book or out in the real world applying that knowledge, her cleverness is definitely something I'd like to possess.

2) Katniss Everdeen's (The Hunger Games) determination- Sure Katniss was tough and smart, but what really got her through The Hunger Games was her determination to win them. She knew that if she could just survive, she'd build a better life for her and her family. It was through sheer will that she survived all the obstacles thrown her way.

3) Tris Prior's (Divergent) courage- In Divergent she had the courage to choose Dauntless over her home Faction and survive it. But it is in Insurgent that Tris truly proves her courage by taking the hard road even though it may cost her everything. By daring to defy the man she loves for what is right, Tris is one of the most courageous characters I know.

4) Juliette Ferrars' (Shatter Me) viewpoint- The thing that stunned me about Shatter Me was the beautiful writing that lay inside. Because of Juliette's situation, she saw the world in a completely different light. Sure, oftentimes it was terrible and frightening but it also held such beauty. It was in those moments of beauty that made everything else worth it.

5) Bella Swan's (Twilight) ability to love- I know I'll probably get some flack for this but I found Bella's ability to put everything else on hold for the one she loves to be beautiful. She loved fiercely and with everything she had. Had she been a stronger character or been allowed to be stronger by Edward, I think people would have admired her more. But she was a human holding onto a little sliver of the sunlight and she never let it go, even when it would have been easier to. I think that is beautiful.

6) Mara Dyer's (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) witticism- I loved Mara because she was such a dry and sarcastic character. She's like the well-scripted characters on t.v. and movies that we like to think we are. She made me die laughing every time she opened her mouth or thought something back about another character. I'd love to have that ability in real life!

I know that's only six but those are the ones that jump out of me. I'd love to see who you chose!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that you put traits by them! Very nice list there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen