Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Interview with Rachel Carter, author of So Close To You

First off, I want to thank Rachel Carter for stopping by the blog today to answer some of my questions. For those of you who don't know, Ms. Carter's debut novel So Close To You comes out July 10th and it sounds awesome!

1) Describe SO CLOSE TO YOU in 140 characters or less.


A teenage girl stumbles into a government conspiracy involving time travel. Plus there's a family mystery, 1940's dancing, and cute boys!

2) What is one piece of advice that Lydia would have given herself before stumbling into the portal?

Hindsight is 20/20 right? I’m not sure I can answer this without giving the ending away…but Lydia would probably tell herself to be a little more cautious.

3) If you went through a portal, which land from a book or movie would you like to be in?

Frell, from Ella Enchanted. That was the first magical world I ever fell in love with.

4) If you could choose one character from another novel to put into SO CLOSE TO YOU, which character would you choose?

Good question! Probably Roiben from Holly Black’s Tithe and Ironside. He’s so strong and quiet and damaged. I could see him and Wes getting along.

5) Do you have a particular song or band that represents SO CLOSE TO YOU?

The song would be The World Spins Madly On, by the Weepies. But there’s no specific band that stands out. I did listen to a lot of M83, The National, and Bon Iver while I was writing.



6) What is something writing SO CLOSE TO YOU taught you either about yourself or writing?

It’s the first novel I’ve ever written, and it was a learning experience from beginning to end. I learned my strengths and my weaknesses as a writer, but I also learned how I write – and how to fit that schedule into my daily life. That might not sound like a struggle, but I have several other jobs, so it’s a very difficult balance at times.

7) Read anything good lately?

I’m currently rereading The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. Again. For the fifteenth time. It’s my favorite series ever! So romantic and sad and…gah. If I could crawl inside of this book and live there, I would.

8) What has been your favorite part of publishing SO CLOSE TO YOU?

Interacting with readers. I really love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the book, and it’s so moving to know that people are connecting to something I’ve written.

Again, I'd like to thank Rachel Carter for answering my questions!

And because you have to, check out the trailer for So Close To You:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen