Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Characters in Dystopian

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, they post a subject and the goal is to answer the question with your top ten picks. Once you've done it, link back to The Broke and the Bookish and check out what other bloggers have to say!
Top Ten Characters in Dystopian
This was a tough one to choose because I read a good variety of genres but when I really thought about it, a lot of my favorite characters come from this one. So here's my list.

1) Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth- What can I say about Tris? She's small, overlooked and fiercely determined. I love how she never wavers, how she does what she thinks is right even when it's hard. She's so tough but also so easy to relate to. She is definitely one of my favorite characters ever.

2) Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth- You can't have one half without the other. Four sees the value in Tris's strength which makes him wonderful. He respects her to make her own decisions while he makes the ones he feels necessary. He's a little rough around the edges but not too tough to admit he has feelings. 

3) Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- The odds are never in Katniss's favor but she just keeps trying and trying. This girl can get through anything it is because of her grit and tough-as-nails additude that she is on this list. I knew Katniss would find a way through anything.

4) Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- Peeta is just as tough but in a completely different way. Peeta manages to keep his humanity even in the worst situations which allows him to care for Katniss. I love how gentle-natured he was at heart and how that was shown as a strength in the novel too. Sweet and smart. Is there anything better?

5) Aria from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I loved watching Aria develop strength and understanding throughout UtNS. She starts out being so weak minded but through the things they are put through, she starts to realize just how strong she can be.

6) Perry from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- The strong silent type. Accept, we learn that he really isn't. Watching him open up to Aria and seeing the world through his eyes made me fall in love with him.

7) Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- How can you not love Roar? He adds a fun, lightheartedness to what is otherwise, a pretty bleak world. It's even better when we get to read from his perspective in Roar and Liv.

8) Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi-Talk about a beautiful mind. The way Juliette thinks about everything demanded that I fall in love with her. She has such an awful reality, such an ugly curse and I love how it differs from her kind nature.

9) Adam from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- In Shatter Me's world, if you find a moment of beauty, you have to hold onto it or what else will you have? He fights for Juliette and I love how sweet he is with his little brother.

10) Ky from Matched by Ally Condie- The way he keeps words like they are something precious had me from the beginning. I love that he is secretly teaching Cassia how to write. Definitely made him wonderful to me.

So those are the characters that made it onto my list. Who did you choose?

3 comments:

  1. I also had Tris, Four, Katniss, Peeta, Aria and Perry haha. I completely forgot about Ky though! I love him. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! Katniss and Juliette would both definitely top my list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen